Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

All things Bright & Beautiful!



A beautiful morning in Switzerland - View from my train


Years ago I had written down a song in my scrapbook. It was a hymn which we sometimes used to sing at school morning prayer. It was called - "All things bright and beautiful."  I had pasted pictures of beautiful places, dresses, cakes, dolls etc alongside it. I smiled at my then list of things which made me happy. 

As I was going through the rest of my scrapbook, I suddenly had a question for myself -  What is my current list of "bright & beautiful"? What are the things which generally brighten up my day? As I began prodding myself further, I was amazed at what I discovered. It turned out that my list was disarmingly simple! Here it is:

1.     A simple smile 
2.     Delicious food
3.     Speaking to a close family member or friend
4.     Old letters from family and friends
5.     Beautiful mornings and Warm evenings
6.     Pictures from various travels with friends and family
7.     The smell of a new book
8.     Sinking feet in the wet sand by the beach
9.     Fragrance of a flower
10.  Experiencing a flight take-off by the window seat
11.  Getting a good bargain while shopping 

I think I am still adding on to this list, but these were the first few I could think of! Have you made your list of "ATBB" - All things bright & beautiful? If not, then I highly recommend it. It opened my eyes to the perspective that how easy it is to be truly happy! Share your ideas here and lets spread the joy!
As I had mentioned earlier in one of my posts, 

"Remember, it is not really difficult to become happy. It is just that we forget to do so!"
 

5 comments:

jahid said...

Beautiful picture

Lindsay Parker said...

Hello Nidhi Kush Shah,
I have read your blog and it seems very interesting and yes it is very well written post. I am working in Vancouver pr agency and I am always stay busy because of my job. I read blogs sometimes. And after reading your post, I am planning to go on holidays with my family for fun or to stress out from my work. Thanks for your post. Keep posting.
Best regards
Larissa

Eric Stalker said...

Really great post, Thank you for sharing this knowledge. Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. I am working in moscow mule as a sales manager and because of that I travel alot in day, which makes me so tired. And in the end of a day, I used to read blogs and I found your blog post kinda interesting. Please keep it up.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I hope your Switzerland trip is all fine. That photo looks beautiful.
Best regards
tree stump removal erie pa

Unknown said...

Hello, Nice Post Thanks for sharing your experience. I like your post and picture of the post. I like morning because every human is fresh mind in morning time.24 hour Des Moines Towing Thanks for sharing the Switzerland morning. Keep posting.