Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Wow! It is January 1, 2011 - the beginning of the ‘New Year’, another year! And with it comes time to take the New Year Resolutions! Time to call friends; Time to revive long forgotten friendships, time to start something which was left pending ages ago, because something else came up! Time for Retrospection! An excellent reason and a chance to start everything afresh!!

And before I go on taking fresh resolutions for the New Year, I look back and think if I lived up to what I had thought exactly a year ago! Have I fulfilled the promises I had made to myself or to others. And although I realized that I was somewhere in the middle, the year, with its ups and downs, has been a great lesson!

And so I do not have a list of fancy resolutions for the new year! As I realize, that it is much difficult to achieve simpler yet realistic goals. It is much difficult to remain yourself and genuine, than be popular! It is much difficult to preserve relationships than to build new ones! It is much difficult to live up to your expectations than fulfilling others! And it is much difficult to make fewer people really happy rather than pleasing everyone I know!

And hence, the coming year, I am going to revel in the simple joys of life. To be true to myself and the people I truly love and cherish and my goals and aspirations!

And I so I raise a toast, wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!! To Life; to family and to friends who make this life worth living for! 

No comments: